Sunday, May 16, 2010

Seeking Professional Help

At least once a week I am over at the community center here on base - they have display cases showing samples from the different classes they offer. Hung from the tops of the cases are elegant origami cranes, taunting me ... giving me a visual reference that seem to say "yes, you can fold a piece of paper into a beautiful crane." Not a duck.

This Saturday was that rare day where I did not have anything going on - and I signed myself and Wrenn up for a one hour origami class. A professional, I will not be, but I did manage to pick up a few pointers that will now allow me to turn my ugly ducklings into beautiful cranes. Sometimes, you just have to seek professional help, even for something as simple as a folded paper crane - it is apparently the details that count. Inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment