Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Motivation



Today one of my first thoughts was “what the hell was I thinking?” 1000 days? 1000 cranes? 1000 different things that inspire me? Really?

So I started pondering motivation. How could the excitement of a commitment yesterday turn into panic the next? What makes one person motivated and the other not? Of course for each of us this is something different. So as I sat down to fold my crane I cranked up the music and selected one of my favorite motivation songs by the group Nickleback, If Today was Your Last Day. The lyrics speak to me, perhaps today more than most days

“My best friend gave me the best advice
He said each day’s a gift and not a given right
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind
And try to take the path less traveled by
That first step you take is the longest stride …”

So as I take this first step on my journey, I am reminded that all you have to do is find the switch, the switch that will flip an ordinary ho-hum day into a great one. What’s your switch? J.

No comments:

Post a Comment